{Wordless Wednesdays}: Bottura

Arancini al Ragu ($8)
I initially condoned this to the 'Shall keep mum' folder on my desktop, but what the heck.. it's better suited for my 'Wordless Wednesday' movement.. simply because that's exactly where a meal at Bottura left me. At a loss for words.

And not in a good way too.


Egg and Squid Ink Taglionlini with Shrimp and Zucchini ($16)
Four cheese gnocchi with rocket pesto ($14)
Ravioli with cream, ham and mushroom ($14)
'Overcooked', I moaned, in response to all of them. There was an obvious trend of too much cream used as a tool to distract away from the poor cook on the pasta. Seasoning wise, I might as well have taken in a mouthful of sea water. The amount of water refills I've had throughout the lunch tasting, a true testament of the uncanny amount of salt action in the above mentioned pasta dishes. And let's not forget that ridiculous looking garnish on the ravioli... seriously? - what do you expect me to do with that?

Gelato ($5/scoop), Polenta Lasagna with bechamel and ragu ($18)
Dash past the pasta section, make a pit stop at the pizza section and you'll be heavily rewarded. Then again, nothing could have been as atrociously bad as those pastas. 

Arrabbiata pizza ($18)
Finally, gelato comes to the rescue with an overture of sweet notes. Even if the pistachio gelato lacked authenticity (Alfrero ftw), that bump was imperative to get that bitter taste out from my mouth. I'm sorry Bottura, but you just didn't make the cut, and passing off my ignorance for Bologna cuisine as an excuse for the lackluster performance, after cleanly forgetting about my scheduled tasting is surely not acceptable in my books.

Coffee Gelato ($5)

Bottura
3 Temasek Boulevard
Suntec City Mall
#02-472/473/474
S(038983)

Operating Times:
Mon - Fri: 10am - 10pm
Sat- Sun: 11am - 10pm

Online Order available Here

No comments: