dining @ the cabana the address dubai mall

Someone pass me a swimsuit and I would most definitely take a dive into that gorgeous swimming pool. Without any qualms. Despite the temperatures dipping early in the evening and the strong breeze parading the open grounds, Trust me.. any mortal with the capability of threading water probably cldn't resist the temptation. Dinner today, was at the cabana @ The Address Dubai Mall. Furnished with large ratten chairs and plush nautical stylized cushions, I feel into a deep trance upon being seated. Shifting from a laidback zone to an overly comfortable condition with eyelids drooping and all. Blame it on the gentle breeze.

Photobucket


The menu featured the usual poolside fare. All around the table, repeated orders of fish and chips were called out, along with my less conventional, grilled tiger prawns plus a hoegarden on the side. As quickly as we ordered, the food reached the tables at lightning speed. Everyone gave a quizzical look at the outstanding fish and chips.. didn't that look more like frozen fish sticks served in a bento box more than anything else? oh well.. the tiger prawns however fared much better apart from the measly serving and lack of creativity with the side dishes. I... wasn't entertained. Then I said a silent prayer of gratitude for my hoegarden. *phew*

Photobucket


Photobucket


After some heated debates at the table, we adjourned to the dinner host's hotel room at the address for a some after drinks and fruits. Note to self, the chardonnay from the art series by Leeuwin Esatate is just brilliant! light, with that touch of floral notes... thanks Auntie Gina for the wonderful recommendation!

Photobucket


With 3 weeks of living in Dubai under my swollen belt, my living quarters (literally portion of the living room) has become quite a disaster zone. On certain days, I sleep with my cupcakes; on better days, I retire on a bed spotted with crumbs that have accidentally blown off the kitchen counter top. Well, I've got my dream.. it's almost as if I'm living in a kitchen. Waking up every morning, a new battle to fight, including the powerful z monster who usually strikes in the afternoon along with the tormenting blows of sunlight instilling a major headache on the drive by. Shrouded in a cloud of flour, our creations, bundts, cupcakes and dreamy chocolate confections find their way around the city. We enter humongous villas, listen to the droning advice of local women who admire our 'clean' and 'strange' dream. Advice, suggestions and more orders later... it all seems to be a bit mystified. Catering large scale now and opening a cafe later, how exactly does that work out to be consistent? Confusion reigns but I know we'll get it sorted someway or another. encountering a bundt crisis now... Can't seem to find out the problem.. *sigh*

Making plans just to stop the aching
Chasing thoughts from a million miles away
Hypnotized as another dawn is breaking
I rehearse the words I want to say

There's one love in a lifetime
Our two hearts of a kind
These three reasons you'll be mine
For when five and six are through
Seven days without you, Seven days without you


No comments: