tiring weekend

drained

had a terrific weekend jammed packed with activites. Aside from the high fatigue level sustained from al the running ard. at the very least i had loads of fun in the midst.

Friday night came off to a wonderful start with PLAY! a video game symphony. (pls guys do check out the links in youtube if u've got the time coz its reallie GOOD!)

basically, it was about orchestra music played from the likes of popular video games such as world of warcraft, final fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. coupled with visual aids, the screens above lit with scenes from the corresponding games itself, the total experience was enchanting. Especially loved the war themed pieces, it emitted a sort of empty space, grandeur when it was performed. Apart from those, the symphony explored many of the reallie OLD pieces, a.k.a classic such as super mario bros. gosh..tt was surely nostalgic, and tickled my funny bone.
on the whole, i loved the concert to bits and wld recommend it to everyone to watch. pity its a sold out concert.. *giggle*

after the concert, me and my date zhiheng met up with claire, dave and lihui! oh gosh..tt gurl was going nonstop about (sorrie name has been removed to protect the interests of my dear babe).. OKIE gurl..i get your point. He's sweet and all.but still i'm a little skeptical. hehe. Don't blame me yeh..i had my share of shitty relationships. BUt nonetheless, it was a great time meeting up with u gals. meeting over coffee (yummilicious latte loaded with cinammon powder on top!!!) is certainly fun. *hugz*.. gotta do it some time soon yar?

the next day, i had to get up bright and early. Baked my order the night before but i had yet to decorate the cake. to make matter worst, i had to report at upper pierce reservoir for ADVENTURE SINGAPORE at 7! too bad..so i had to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to do my decorations. Guess it was the tiredness accquire from the day before. ended up slicing my finger deep with the serrated knife... it wasn't long before the whole floor was covered with blood.. i just stood there awe as the warm blood trickled down my finger. *gosh..i do sound lyke a sadist do i*.. haha. WOOPS. nthing of tt sort ya. I DO NOT derieve sick pleasure from cuttign myself. Just for clarifications sake. Oh well..but nonethless i quickly finished up with my layering and decoration and moved on to create a BIG mess of the store room looking for my camelbak. Took me quite a while to find underneath all the accumulated junk. think we're in need of some major overhaul back in the storeroom. *crosses fingers* don't look at me. i'm allergic to dust! *tee hee*

the rest of the morning and afternoon was spent with ai ren braving the shit as we ran, kayaked, cycled, abseiled, traversed and everything thru half of singapore. Gosh.. ADVENTURE SINGAPORE was here again and this yr, me and jennie took part in the woman sprint category. Starting off in the deserted insides of Upper pierce reservoir, we took to the winding upslope roads. Gosh..running with 3kg of water, a helmet on ur head wasn't my idea of a breezy task. and i must say, me and ai ren reallie have lots to improve when it comes to navigation skills. Woops.. looks lyke army did me no good. haha. the race route took us thru from upper pierce to lower pierce -> Macritchie -> Bishan -> Braddell -> Kallang Bahru -> National Stadium -> Kallang -> Suntec -> Clarke Quay -> Douby Gaut -> TAKA (END POINT!) ..GOSH tt is certainly long. well, at least the weather was on our side. it poured towards the ending. A relief to me since the rain revitalised my tired body. how often do u get to race under the rain in a helmet down orchard road with ur best buddy? haha.. In the end, our team came in 4th. major achievement considering the lack of training we both had. Thanks ai ren for making me join the race. enjoyed myself very much!


rest of the weekend was spent tuitioning and catching fantastic four (which i reckon wasn't too bad a show as compared to the first instalment..didn't quite like jessica alba's new coloured contacts though. haha).

No comments: