Mechanics of Life

Sigh...life and its drudgeries... Yesterday nite my mum mentioned taking the chance to travel whilst I had the opportunity to, which was the time before I got to work. My response was kind of cold, distant, perhaps due to the lack of travelling buddies or perhaps I just was not interested. *pondering* Nah..think its the former. Who wouldn't to have a chance to travel..enjoying the sights, sounds and cultural experiences from every corner of the world? To sit on top of a quiet hill, the chilling wind blowing through your hair, the mist..mystical as it is, floating like a blanket of low lying clouds across your vision. The sunset casting a orange glow across the land, basking the green pastures in warmth that touches deep into your soul. Serenity in all its magnificance before your eyes, nothing but silence and the whispering of the wind. Often I do dream of whisking myself away to a place like that. A place where I can forget all my worries, where I can put my thoughts all together and muster the strength to live another day.

LIfe may seem treacherous and maybe cruel sometimes but I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder. If one chooses to face it with courage and valor as well as well as a cheery presence then all things would be well. Life can be simple, its just how we look at it. I wish I could see life that way; then perhaps I would live a much happier life, and possibly inject a little bit of sunshine into the lives of people around me...

Anyway, here's a song that I reallie love. The lyrics are reallie meaningful... It tells us that life is much more than the material things in it..its about family, love, facing challenges and learning from it. Its so true yet difficult to fulfill... Nonetheless, enjoy!

Stacie Orrico -- So Simple

Don't need high heels
For a good feel
You can keep the fancy clothes
I'll take walkin in the rain
Over things materia
lI'll trade Melrose and the big names
Give me faces that I know
Just play a melody that everybody knows
Take it down, down, down
And strip it to the core
I don't really need much less is more, more, more

CHORUS:True to life, true to me
The way it's got to be
So simple, so simple, so simple
Live to love, love to be
Absolutely free(so simple, so simple, simple)
Give me wisdom, plain and truthful
Teach me somethin I don't know
Plain as education, inspiration I suppose (yeah yeah)
Give me family, on a Sunday
And I'll be just fine
There's nothing in the world
That's worth more of my time
Take it down, down, down
And strip it to the core
I don't really need much less is more, more, more
-CHORUS x2-

Livin my dream, is my song to the world(let 'em hear it)
Sharin' my soul and spirit
I'm hopin that you hear it
Got one life to live
It's only what you make it
Every new day's a chance worth takin
-CHORUS x2-

No comments: